School Nursing has a diverse role within the school setting, one that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of students. The LPS nursing department currently has a staff of 2 Registered nurses and 8 Licensed Practical nurses serving the entire district.
MEET OUR TEAM CONTACT US MEDICAL FORMS COVID-19
The LPS nursing department provides various services including:
- Basic First Aid
- Assessments and interventions of illness, injury, and student health concerns
- Specialized nursing procedures ordered per child’s physician
- Provide nursing services related to the special needs child
- Vision/Hearing screenings
- Communicable disease monitoring and education
- Chronic disease management and education
- Individualized Health Plans and services for students with disabilities and/or health condition that interferes with learning
- Medication Administration
- State Immunization Compliance
- School/community/health care provider liaison
If you need to speak with a nurse, contact your school
or call, 580-215-0255 ext.4616.