For more information or a complete listing of requirements, contact the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education at (800) 858-1840 or (405) 225-9239.
The Oklahoma Tuition Scholarship Program will provide a scholarship to students who graduate from high school beginning in the 2007-2008 school year and plan to attend postsecondary education in Oklahoma. The first two years of the student's resident tuition will be paid by the State.*
In general, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of this state for a minimum of two calendar years prior to high school graduation. (An exemption is made for dependents of military personnel.)
- Have graduated from a high school accredited by the State Board of Education and awarded a standard diploma. Students must begin using the scholarship within three years of high school graduation.
- Have a graduate ranking in the top 15 percent of the student's high school class and have earned not less than a 3.25 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Have attained a score of 26 or higher on the ACT.
- Meet the income eligibility, which is the income of the student's parent(s) from taxable and nontaxable sources, which shall not be more than $70,000 per year.
- Have satisfied admission standards, secured admission to, and enrolled in an institution which is a member of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, a postsecondary Career and Technology Education program, or an approved private institution of higher learning in Oklahoma.
- Made application for state and federal tuition aid. Any such tuition aid may reduce or eliminate the award.
- Have not been adjudicated as a delinquent as defined in Section 571 of Title 57.
*Subject to the availability of funding.